Mobile Tech 4 Social Change Halifax is an open dialog barcamp exploring mobile technologies and new media to help make the world a better place.
This active conversation of turning ideas into action welcomes nonprofits, software developers or anyone interested in how new technologies can be used to organize, advocate and provide better health, environment, human rights, citizen media and other social services.
- How can Twitter be used quickly mobilize a group of supporters to rally your cause?
- Can geo caching be used to increase tourism to your community?
- How can Facebook be used to fund your nonprofit?
- Can SMS be used to improve healthcare by providing timely intervention messages to patients?
- How do you engage new volunteers to form lasting relationships for your organization?
- Can mobile phones be used to gather current environmental information?
- How can mobile crowdsourcing provide knowledge and skills to achieve tasks previously not possible?
Our goal is to draw together the nonprofit and tech communities to share knowledge, ask interesting questions and spark ideas.